Thursday, March 19, 2009

{Pretty Pasta}

{So colorful!}
When I think of summer foods, pasta salad is one that comes to mind.
Especially as a accent to grilling out. So, when I was trying to decide what to bring to my sister's house for dinner tomorrow, I instantly thought, pasta salad!
{Mix it all together...}
What do you put in your pasta salad?

When I lived with some sorority sisters we made pasta salad A L L the time. The girls introduced me to adding cheese & pepperoni. You know, to make it healthy. Otherwise, I go with a pretty standard recipe...
{Tri-color NOODLES!}
My veggies of choice are celery, radishes, cucumbers, black olives {my fave!}, carrots, and red peppers. Then in go the pepperoni & cheese. I also boiled some eggs & added them {protein...wow, this is like a meal}. I used a Kraft Casesar Parmesan Vinagrette dressing this time & must say it's pretty tasty. Tomorrow I will add my grape tomatoes {I like them nice & fresh}, and voila! Finito!

{All packed up & ready to go.}

Now, it's still Spring Break for me, so I'm going to enjoy my wine spritzer.
That's right, I said wine spritzer.

25 comments:

PinkSass said...

I also have a love affair with black olives and who doesn't love a good wine spritzer. Enjoy!

Adventures in Newlywed said...

For real - i need a wine spritzer right now!

Christina said...

That looks SO good!

Wearing Mascara said...

YUM! Yea a wine spritzer sounds good right now :-)

Sweet Simplicity said...

Pretty salad!

Lacey said...

The colors are gorgeous! And it looks delicious...yum!

AJLinBoston said...

Your photos are making me VERY hungry :)

Shelley said...

I LOVE your food photos!

I bought a bottle of Sophia today. I think if you're drinking a wine spritzer we may be in the same mood...

jlc said...

Looks molta bene! Visually pleasing to the eye and stomach! Hahah!

Jennifer said...

YUMMY! I love this recipe, the black olives are calling my name!

Callie Grayson said...

mmmm my mouth is watering!

Courtney said...

Wow- a job well done, my friend. This meal sounds fantastic, everything down to the wine spritzer! Cheers!

CIP said...

Big yum....very hungry now!

Ashley Brooke Designs said...

That looks sooo yummy!!!

Princess Freckles said...

That looks yummy! I could use a wine spritzer right about now....

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

yummy and pretty!!=)

rachaelgking said...

Guess who is making this EXACT RECIPE for her Spring BBQ! Guess!

MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Aartee said...

oh yummy (minus the meat of course) in the summer I live off of Pasta Salad because it's too hot for anything else!

Anonymous said...

YUMMMMMMM! This is my favorite, I can eat an entire salad =) I've tried it with marinated artichoke hearts, dill pickles. Black olives are a must!!! Have you ever stuffed them with cream cheese? SO GOOD!

Have a wonderful weekend =)

Fifi Flowers said...

That is soooooo pretty... it looks like it tastes delicious too!

Anonymous said...

That looks so yummy!! Have a great weekend :)

andrea said...

Oh my gosh, that looks so good, I'm starving now! Love the new logo too!

Mrs. Ruby said...

I am literally salivating. I can't WAIT for pasta salad this summer!!!

Muffy said...

Sounds delicious!!!!

Jules said...

this looks amazing!! yum!