Wednesday, May 27, 2009

{Snack Time}

Did you know that summer is here? And that you are expected to wear thin, lightweight clothing, swimwear, & bare skin? If you are at all in a cooler climate, you probably packed on few pounds while hibernating this winter. Perfectly normal & understandable. Hell, I like Cheetos as much as the next person.

Here are a few healthy snacks to help curb the cravings & encourage bikini behavior.

Enjoy!
Tomatoes Caprese
{layer tomato slices, fresh mozzarella slices, & fresh basil...drizzle with balsamic vinegar & enjoy!}
Orange Julius
{8 ounces of fresh OJ, 1 scoop of vanilla Slim Fast powder, & a handful of ice mixed in a blender}

Shrimp Cocktail
{fresh, cooked shrimp, cocktail sauce - ketchup & horseradish mixed together}
Edamame
{frozen edamame, sea salt, & soy sauce - if you like}

Stovetop Popcorn
{3 tablespoons of oil, heated on high in pan with 2 kernels of popcorn. when they pop, add 1/3 cup of corn, shake with lid on until all popped & add salt}

These are a few of my faves. Very satisfying & good for you too! I'm never one to completely cut out fat or whatnot, as I'd just return to the kitchen later for a pantry raid.

Now it's your turn. What are your favorite healthy snacks?

23 comments:

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

Omg I wish I could jump through the computer & hug you! One of my favorite things about summer is the lighter food - and these are GREAT suggestions! My favorite summer breakfast is 2 hard-boiled egg whites (i hate yolk so I just throw it out), and then a blender of frozen mixed berries, sugar-free juice, and a banana. Nothing gets you going quite like all that summer goodness!

SouthernBelleJM said...

I love love love love love Tomato Caprese!!! It's one of my fave dishes=)

Brandon said...

Plus, a shot of vodka only has 50 calories

Sarah said...

Those all look great!! I love sugar snap peas, so good!

I made your candy sushi a couple weekends ago for a family gathering and they were a hit!! :) A little harder to make than I thought, but they were so cute!! : )

Aartee said...

Tomato Caprese is delish and popcorn is one of my favorite snacks...although it's really best movie theatre style!

Princess Freckles said...

I love Caprese saldas too! I want to try edamame. Is it at the grocery?

Jennifer said...

Tomato caprese is one of my favorites! I had a pizza with this on there and a garlic base in Rome. Can I just say HEAVEN!

One Bite At A Time said...

Yummy ideas!

Team Clancy said...

My mouth is watering...in your ghastly description of what is expected of us in the summer, you forgot about mentioning the first few weeks of summer when we wear those clothes, yet our skin still looks like Casper...yikes!!!!

How about a nice big bowl of strawberries...with cool whip of course!

jasmine said...

mmmmm! those look delicious! there's a little grocer we visit that makes a caprese sandwich that is to DIE for. it's so tasty, and i don't feel all bogged down with grease and fat when i'm done.

The Pink Chick said...

Oh wow! I would love a taste of the tomato caprese right about now!!!

Gabby said...

Edamame is the best! It's so good for you!

I'm just taking advantage of all the farmer's markets right now. I love fruit and veggies!

jlc said...

Omg I could LIVEEEE off of tomato and mozz salads!!! Def a summer time fave!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...they all looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing. My favourite healthy snack would have to be cucumbers and cherry tomatoes - they are so good.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Mmmmm... I love caprese salad and edamame!

Anonymous said...

This is full of such great ideas Miss Piper, and the comments also offer wonderful insight!

Our faves include apples and other fruit, sometimes we make a little dip of yogurt/honey/lime/tsp of brown sugar, and it is divine! Also on the list, fresh berries and fresh carrots!

Have a great Thursday!
tp

Mrs. Ruby said...

I absolutely LOVE edamame!!! One of my fave healthy snacks is green/red bell peppers dipped in salsa, saltines and a laughing cow cheese wedge, and a sugar free pudding snack.

Delicious!

Sherrie said...

Those look delicious!

Dugout Daisy said...

YUM!
Those are all very good and yummy snacks!

:)

Wearing Mascara said...

mmmmm love them all! xoxo

Lindsay said...

I LOVE popcorn and edamame :)

Lacey said...

Mmmm...I am seriously craving caprese salad now! Actually, I would love any of these foods right now. I am seriously kicking myself for not going to the grocery store this week!

Jules said...

The tomato/mozz number looks SO amazing. Did you make that? Please ship one in the mail to me asap. I will forward my address.