Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Meow. Found here.
I'm a blog neglector. Will catch up soon!
(ps...you can check out my Tumblr as well - sometimes he gets updated more often)
Friday, July 16, 2010
Time for yet another weekend! My favorite, of course. And I'm sure many of yours as well. This is going to be a fun one:
- Tonight - dinner w. some friends (lambie burgs, mm!) & a perhaps a little dip in the pool, too.
- Sat. morning - Farmer's Market! On my list: mint, basil, tomatoes, peaches, & flowers.
(Con w. last year's Derby winning cars)
- Afternoon - O'Leaver's Second Annual Soap Box Derby. It was so fun last year & I can't wait to see what kind of soap boxes everyone comes up w. this year (plus there is plenty of beer, which is the real draw, ha!). So far I've been told there will be a pirate.
- Later Sat. - dinner w. more friends before heading to see a bunch o' bands @ O'Leaver's to celebrate said Derby (+ more beer). Yay!
- Sun. - brunch w. Con & relaxing. I think we're going to need some rest after all the fun Sat.
Well, that's what I've got going on - I'll be sure to recap on Monday. Hope you all have a great weekend as well.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Now that my research papers are done & turned in, aka out of my hands, I am ready to relax and have some time away from the books. I ♥ making lists, so I've come up with some things I would like to get done before I head back to school in August.
- Finish reading the Sookie Stackhouse books,
- attend each & every Waffle Cone Wednesday @TCBY. My favorite? White chocolate mousse yogurt. Mmm.
- Hit the gym in the mornings - I was doing great before the wedding in May, but have definitely gained back any & all weight that was lost. Sigh.
- Visit the Henry Doorly Zoo. Conor hasn't been in years either, & it IS one of the best in country, afterall!
- Bake one of these......one of these......plus this!
- Visit Milwaukee - this is scheduled for the week before school & I can't wait!
What about you all - how are your summer 'to dos' going?
It's time for a midsummer check-in!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
I know a lot of other bloggers do shoe posts on Tuesday, so I'm barreling onto that bandwagon, because, well, I LOVE shoes!
I'm already looking ahead to fall & loving all the suede. My favorite purple suede pumps died & I hope to someday find a suitable replacement.
Elizabeth & James bootie. Will be great for fall.
Coach Teagan suede sandal. I adore these!
More of Tuesday Shoesday here: (postcards & pretties) (pretty little things) (superburbs) (landlocked bride) & (meant to be sent)
Monday, July 12, 2010
I ♥ them. Who doesn't? Seriously? My sister recently showed me a receipt I'd left at her house that had a bunch of hilarious items on it that I'd brought to her house. Nothing says "summer" like this receipt. For reals.
It's really hard to read, so I'll fill you in: a water gun, 3 Snickers bars, plastic boats, a floaty mattress for the pool, gummy worms, a pool lounger, tampons, Zours, & 2 Gatorades. Happy Summer indeed.
(Me & my peacock seat at dinner. Pretty!)
The weekend was relaxing: the Bodies exhibit was awesome - definitely check it out if it's in your area. Conor & I went for some walks, had dinner at a Mexican restaurant, watched some Mad Men & True Blood, & had our first tomatoes of the summer. My mom, sister & I got pedicures in fun summery colors.
My sister's toes in Essie's Lapis of Luxury, mom in Essie as well (couldn't remember the name - a coral-pink), & me in Essie's Splash of Grenadine. My sister's & mine came in a little 4-pack w. a turquoise & a gray color as well.
I have the next week totally free - I plan to get my ever-growing rump to the gym, plan our upcoming trip to Milwaukee, & cook/bake a lot! I'll be sure to keep the blog world posted!
Friday, July 9, 2010
I'm so glad it's the weekend again. Sometimes these short weeks are tougher than the real ones. I finished up summer school today & am quite relieved to have a month off before heading back in August.The weekend's agenda:
- Pool time,
- making these for breakfast (perfect w. mimosas!),
- gettin' a "pedicure on my toes, toes..."
- visiting this before it leaves town: Bodies...The Exhibition.
- Drinking a few of these bad boyz,
- having a private marathon of Mad Men w. Con,
- topped off w. a BBQ with our neighbor boys.
Enjoy your Sat. & Sunday!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Things I'm currently coveting:
- Dresses from Thread Social's Resort Collection. OMG I NEED THEM NOW!
- Any of the many shoes found in my always full Zappos shopping cart.
- I can't quite cough up 200 bucks for swim wear quite yet, but if I could I'd definitely get this Spanx piece (via Real Simple).
- A bunch of Ikat fabric (found here) to cover up a chair my mom has for me. I luv turquoise!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
I know I've shown you all a few items here & there around the ol' shanty. It's been a bit, so I thought I'd do the same - a little update, mind you.
First up: an interesting piece of art done by my friend & artist Rebecca Herskovitz. It's hard to pick up online, but the drawing is done on wood with both paint and thread accent stripes as well. It's gorgeous. It's also on a tripod because I live in fear of dedicating myself to hanging pictures.
My pile of wine corks once got out of hand, I gave a bunch away, and they started accumulating again. Conor & I started writing little notes on them w. Sharpies such as the date, event, whether or not we enjoyed the wine itself, & so on. It's actually become really fun to look back at them. I highly recommend doing this - we wish we'd started sooner!
This old bar was an inherited item from my grandmother. I love it - it was much needed & stores ALL my champagne coups & flutes. I'd love to update it a bit w. new knobbies, but the ones on there aren't budging as of yet...
This sweet-ass hole in our ceiling is courtesy of our lovely, brain-dead plumber duo. And yes, it's still leaking.
Happy Wednesday! I hope you enjoyed my mini-tour!
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
I had a great time this past weekend! We celebrated with a pool party/BBQ for the 2nd of July, followed by fireworks & listening to the police scanner on Saturday. For the 4th we traveled through the smoky-as-hell city to attend a fireworks extravaganza/block party. It was a GREAT weekend!
(Pandas, margaritas, patriotic booze, & more pandas!)
(clockwise from upper left: Me, sister L, Shel, Jules, MOI, Eric, Shel -peeking!, sister L again, & Frank)
All in all a great time - one to remember. I still can't get over how Baghdad-esque our city felt with all those firecrackers & fog - it was crazy!
Hope y'all had a great weekend as well.