Tuesday, May 19, 2009

{Flawless} Summer Makeup


{The look of Lilly}
When my new Lilly Pulitzer True Summer 2009 catalog arrived in the mail the other day, I was super impressed with the models' summery, fresh, simple makeup. Clean sunkissed skin, a touch of mascara & bright lips. So pretty.

I set out to recreate the look with some affordable options...

{CG mascara & Wet 'n' Wild cream liners}
Looking bright-eyed is what this look is all about, so a great mascara and a brightening eye highlighter is all you need. My choices: CoverGirl Lashblast mascara & Wet 'n' Wild IdolEyes cream eyeshadow in Pixie.
PS, I couldn't find a pic of the Pixie color, but it's a creamy beige.

{Jergens' buildable moisturizing tanners}
For the skin, natural is key. To achieve a lovely, just-got-off-the-boat tan, please don't crawl into a cancer box. Jergens Natural Glow moisturizers have definitely improved over time & are quite effective. Plus, you avoid that whole Cheeto-colored awkwardness.

{CG Outlast Lipstain}
And, the most important part of all - the lipcolor. Since it's summertime, a long lasting formula was my guideline...I went with Outlast Lipstain from CoverGirl in Wild Berry Wink & must admit it's pretty great. It has a nice raspberry scent & creates a bright, berry-stained look.

All that for under $30. Sounds like a pretty damn good deal to me.

12 comments:

jlc said...

Ohhhh I HEART red lipstick!!

Mrs Anne said...

classic and pretty.
i love it!

Lacey said...

Such a pretty look! I love summer make-up.

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Cancer box and cheeto colored had me laughing :) I love the lip color, but don't think it's quite for me...but you've inspired me to at least try!

Marci said...

I love Jergens natural glow. I use it all year long.
Cute blog~

Princess Freckles said...

I think I'm going to try this lipstick! I had a little CVS shopping spree at lunch today and bought some Jergen's on sale!

jasmine said...

that lip stain looks really pretty! i wanna try it.

Gabby said...

I'm obsessed with that Jergens Natural Glow! It works so well!

Aartee said...

ooh thanks for sharing your makeup picks! :)

Posh Peach said...

Ooh love what you put together! I noticed their makeup as well and thought it was just perfect for summer. I will have to check out that lip stain. I've been using Jergens foam kind that gradually builds a tan and it's been great because it dries so quick. Thanks for sharing these items!

Jeanne Oliver said...

I love red lips but it doesn't look good on me.

Cassandra said...

Well, that Lili P. look is completely you. As far as that cancer box comment is concerned, I have added a new favorite saying to my vacab. Thanks bunches!