Monday, July 20, 2009

{Racy} Weekend

Haha, I'm so clever. The races were great this past weekend - the soap box derby was the best, though. The cars were hilarious, there was an easily accessible beer garden {très important}, & a lot of our friends were there as well.

The H1N1 team was my fave. Their car was a little pig.
It ended up losing a wheel or something...

There were puppies there as well....

This pic pretty much sums up the event. Note the flask in one hand while being pushed by a dude with a PBR. Not a lot of the cars made it to the finish line.

The horse races were another story - always exciting, of course, but w a a a y too crowded. This was the best shot I could get. I cropped out a lady with a scrunchie. Yes, you read that correctly.

Anyway....
baking some malted cupcakes today...I'll let you know how they turn out.
Happy Monday!

17 comments:

SouthernBelleJM said...

That looks like soooo much fun. LOL! That's definitely something my friends and I would participate in=)

The Pink Chick said...

The Soap Box Derby pictures are hilarious! It looks like so much fun!!!

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

I. love. this. post. PBR? Check. Scrunchie? Check. Flask? Check. What more could you want?

Adventures in Newlywed said...

Oh, the picture with the flask and the can of PBR is PRICELESS!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

This is so funny! Love the woman with the scrunchie! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Your blog is so cute (I became a follower)and those desserts on the sidebar are heavenly.

Sarah said...

That is too funny! Hilarious photos!

Hopsy said...

I am coming to Omaha for a wedding in September! I hope you are there so we can meet up!!

Callie Grayson said...

mmmm cupcakes!
sounds like the weekend was amazingly fun!

Princess Freckles said...

That sounds like loads of fun! And you had better post the recipe for those cupcakes if they're good!

Aartee said...

Cute pics...can't wait to hear how your cupcakes turned out!

Iva Messy said...

that looks like so much fun!! great pictures!

Slices of Beauty... said...

A beer garden, love that!
Very clever.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Malted cupcakes? Holy cow, that sounds delish!

Kelly said...

what a blast!!! i wish we had things like that in my town! awesome pictures :)

Lacey said...

I'm loving that a guy has a flask at a soap box derby! And you saw a lady with a scrunchie the same weekend? Are you sure you didn't come to Florida this weekend? It looks like a fun weekend and I can't wait to hear about those cupcakes!

Courtney said...

Haha- loving the H1N1 team with a pig car and the flask/PBR duo- the soap box derby looks like it was so fun!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

The Soap Box Derby rocks! "Easily accessible beer garden" is one of my favorite descriptive phrases.