Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ugly Shoe Season

It's the first week of yet another new semester - aka "ice breaker" time for students. Don't you just love when professors think it's a genius idea to make you stand up & say something "interesting" about yourself to the entire class? There's got to be a better way to introduce ourselves, right? How many times can I honestly tell people I was named after champagne, or that I really like dogs, or that someday I'd like to own a brewery? (I made that up, ps)

Yesterday I told my teacher that I don't like winter because it's, for the most part, "ugly shoe season, which can be evidenced by looking around the room." No one laughed. Then I realized that I insulted each & every person in there. Lovely, Pipes. I'm hoping for an A+ in that class, & maybe a few new pals.
{Scary view! Both the crappy window & the snow.}
I came home & started researching attractive options for dealing with 20+ inches of snow on the ground. I just cannot get into it. Here's my short list:
I've decided that it's just better to be dropped off at the door than to have to don giant waterproof beast-wear & risk leg breakage while stumbling ungracefully through giant snow drifts. I can't wait until May when it's all gone & I can feel like a lady again. Ha ha.

14 comments:

Brown Girl said...

Haha, this made me laugh. Ugly shoe season is so true, I would have laughed if I were there. I'm not the easily insulted. ;)

PinkSass said...

ahahahahahaha! Yes love that you said that!

Have you looked into Wellies? I want a red pair in the baddest way!

Brandon said...

If it's a Psych class you should get an A+

Emily said...

I love boots but I agree that this season hides the prettiest footwear! I mean, sometimes I just want to show off my prettily-painted toes. Alas, I must wait a few more months!

~M~ said...

It's warm where I live so I don't have the boot dilema. Looking at those pictures makes me cold! br!

Emily said...

Well, at least you'll be remembered right? I hate the first week of classes, it's awful. I'm always so unoriginal because, well let's face it we want to make friends not scare people away! But I agree, this season stinks for footwear!

Princess Freckles said...

I used to hate those ice breakers! Where are you from, what's your major, why did you take this class?

Hang in there with the snow! Its awful, and we are all forced to wear ugly shoes, but at least we're in it together!

Jessica said...

The bright side is that I bet no one was paying attention to what you were saying - they were all trying to think of what made them interesting!

Freck said...

This is hilarious. I think it's funny. You're so right, it certainly is ugly shoe season.

Britt said...

I'm not a winter fan either. But girl, tromping through snow drifts requires more than rainboots! You need fuzzy stuff to keep the tootsies warm!

Lacey said...

I'm so glad you're back!! I've been going through ice-breaker week too...although I always have classes with the exact same people I've had classes with for 3 years now. I think the worst was a fall semester when my "interesting fact" was that I was planning to be a leopard for Halloween and everyone else (stupid over achievers that they are) felt the need to share how they backpacked through Europe, spoke 4 languages, saved starving orphans, or cured a disease over the summer.

I definitely think you need those zebra boots!!

Suburban Sweetheart said...

I would've laughed. Amazing. What shoes were YOU wearing?

Courtney said...

I am *just* starting to figure out that those sporting the boots to class, work, and around town have it figured out. I haven't purchased a pair but I especially love all of your selections! (They are far cuter than the obnoxious bright ones I've seen).

Anonymous said...

i love the zebra pair <3

Megan

asuitcaseandstilettos.blogspot.com