Monday, May 11, 2009

{Summer Essentials}

My sister's swimming pool is getting filled tomorrow! I know some of you can't begin to comprehend what an exciting event this is, but for those of you that don't have 70 degree plus weather year 'round, you get me.

{Me! Ha, kidding. From the movie Swimming Pool, which is quite racy...}
In honor of this spectacular event, I thought I'd share some of my Summer Must-Haves for the season.
{Clinique Sun Care}
Sunblock! This is so essential, no matter how great your tan is. Unless you're chasing people with a chainsaw, having a leatherface is never acceptable. I actually used to work for Clinique & still agree that their suncare is superb. I like the new SPF 30 for face, SPF 50 for body {yes, you'll still tan!}, & the Targeted Protection Stick for lips & eyes.
{Hat from Nine West}
A wide-brim hat for protection and an added chic-factor. I got mine from Nine West. It comes in various colors & is on sale right now for $29.99! Let's bring back the hat, shall we?

{The old standby, Great Lash Waterproof Mascara by Maybelline}
Waterproof mascara. I will not go out in public without mascara. You do not want me to.

{Mandy Vintage Sunglasses}
Oversized sunnies. My faves come from 80s Purple.com. They have a great selection at an even greater price. And you thought nothing beat Target!

{Vintage One-piece from Target}
And you cannot forget a super-cute swimsuit! Vintage is the choice of 2009, which is great for curvy girls like me that would rather stick with the one-piece option.

{Summer Cocktails, mmm}
Finally, a tray full of cocktails! So refreshing....check out some of my faves by clicking HERE!

So, there you are, a quick little list.
Let me know if I am missing any essentials from your own Summer Must-Haves!

16 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE that bathing suit! Our gym opens it pool in just a few weeks! I'm so excited!

The Pink Chick said...

Love the bathing suit! I might have to visit Target soon!

rachaelgking said...

YES for bringing the hat back! Can we please bring it back for men too, all Don Draper style? Mmmm...

thehomebound said...

Love the swimsuit!

Callie Grayson said...

that swim suit is pretty darn cute!
I must have sunscreen for my body and my hair. My hair get sun streak and looks awful....
and I must have big sunglass and a cute pair of sandals. no flip flops for me, I am very clutsy and flip flops don't work for me.

Callie Grayson said...

that swim suit is pretty darn cute!
I must have sunscreen for my body and my hair. My hair get sun streak and looks awful....
and I must have big sunglass and a cute pair of sandals. no flip flops for me, I am very clutsy and flip flops don't work for me.

Lacey said...

I love your list of essentials! The hat and swimsuit are AMAZING!!

jlc said...

OMG I LOVEEEE that black one piece. Where can I get that???

And with the floppy hat, is def a classic timeless swimming outfit. Tres tres chic!

Aartee said...

Sounds like you have all the good stuff...except maybe a fun coverup and a cute headband to push your hair back!

Team Clancy said...

Just catching up on my reading and I love the recent posts! That sushi is awesome!!! As for summer essentials....what about a cabana boy to help with the sun screen? HAHAHAHA!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Perfection! I love the hat and the suit!

kadler said...

I love that giant hat. I need one of my own!

What Kate Wore said...

The mascara rule is so funny Miss S&C, for us that is the signal that we're doing the whole nine yards...heels, pearls, etc.!

This one was a fun read!
tp

Anonymous said...

That suit is too cute! Thanks for the cocktails!

Fifi Flowers said...

PERFECT gear for the pool! You ;) look FAB in your suit

Cassandra said...

Mmm. I am eating homemade chicken salad. It is wonderfully perfect. The black suit is exactley what I was thinking bathing suit-wise. Do it. You will look fab since I know you will pair it with heels and enormous sunglasses.