Monday, July 13, 2009

Fabulous Finds {update}

Here it is in all of it's sad, un-glory. {Yeah, I know it's not a word.}

{garage sale finds: it's the big one in back}
Well, one can of spray paint, a black & white mat + a watercolour by a friend &....voila! A brand new, super-bright, P I N K piece of art for my home. The most expensive part of it all? The can of pink spray paint for $4. Yes, for about five bucks I got this loveliness.

My mom & I removed the inside of the frame, which was a linen-type thing that would not have taken well to spray paint. A few coats was all it took. Oh, and that's the Hamburger Man in front.

I haven't decided where to hang it yet, so stay tuned. Even sitting on a table it's brightened up my apartment quite a bit!

23 comments:

Summer Wind said...

the picture frame is great!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Wow, your frame looks fab with that amazing watercolor! Great makeover project. The hamburger man rocks!

One Bite At A Time said...

So fun! Great job!

Gabby said...

Yay for being crafty! You're inspiring me to see what I can do...it looks awesome!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a lovely DIY! Hamburger man is super sweet!

jlc said...

you're the QUEEN of fabulous finds!!

Christina said...

isn't spray paint the best thing ever?!

*Diane* said...

Fantastic job! the frame looks way more fun, i definitely have to try that..

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Oh my gosh! I love love love it! Fabulous!

Pink of Perfection said...

I love that color! It looks terrific! PS I absolutely love the name of your blog.

Lindsay said...

That looks really cute! I have this little table thing I want to paint but I don't know what color. :)

Aartee said...

Looks so cute!

AJLinBoston said...

The frame looks fabulous, definitely a great find!

Lacey said...

Wow...it looks amazing!! I think it looks great on your little table. I need you to come decorate my apartment!

Wearing Mascara said...

Love it as always!

HRH COLLECTION said...

I absolutely love your pink frame!

kadler said...

That's awesome! It looks great. And I love that shade of pink :)

Brunch at Saks said...

Oh I love the frame- looks great! :) xoxo

JennyMac said...

This looks fab! I love it.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

The pink on the frame looks great especially because it's so unexpected!

Kristen said...

I love these pieces... and the Hamburger man is so awesome!!

What Kate Wore said...

We need you to come to the Prepatorium Miss Piper, and we'll supply the spray paint, okay? Honestly, what a great look, you are so talented!
tp

Candi of Candace Rose said...

Both turned out really great! Thank you for offering to help take down my wallpaper if you were in Cali. You're so sweet. Nobody seems to want to, I can't see that I blame them! lol

PS I think DesignSponge is calling your name again with this post :)

http://candacerose.typepad.com