Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

I used to Earth Day. It meant that you got to leave school to plant trees and draw pictures of the Earth with sidewalk chalk in downtown. Paint trash cans to be placed around the city. Have a mini parade with all the other classrooms on the playground with your faces painted. I miss being a kid sometimes!


As adults we can still celebrate Earth Day - my plan?
Grilling out with some friends. I know, it doesn't sound eco-friendly, but we are using Cowboy Charcoal, which is! You can get it at places like Whole Foods and it's actually quite great.

What are you doing to celebrate? Taking shorter showers? Sitting around with the lights off? Just be sure to enjoy it, we only have ONE Earth!

8 comments:

I'maNolaGirl said...

Great info on those coals!!

Brandon said...

We walk to school everyday!

BeautyH2T said...

You are so CUTE! thanks for putting my giveaway there, I am so excited for my first ever one :) I so want BBQ now- Sadly here is not so sunny scotland it is not quite the weather!

Have a great Earth Day, Thanks again
bx

beautyh2t.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Love this post! Have a great BBQ! I will be walking home from work, and making a dinner that requires no energy aka microwave or stove use! And I plan to eat it outside as a picnic!

elizabeth shay said...

Love your enthusiasm!

Callie Grayson said...

happy day my friend!!
I wish I was a kid somedays too, like today. I am in need to have my face painted and eat grape pops!!

xx
callie

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Ohhh who loves the earth -- hehe!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I don't have too much planned, but I will be getting my hands dirty in the garden. I'm so excited for you that you're going to Vegas for a wedding! I too have a trip planned for next week - off to TX to visit my family. Have a great weekend and a fabulous trip!