Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vampires & Weekends

Vampire Weekend? No, not the band.

Anywho, I had a great weekend - as some of you may know, I used to work for Clinique. Well, I spent one night this weekend out w. some of my old co-workers & had the best time. We started w. some Fun Ship Specials (thanks to Carnival Cruise Lines, apparently), then hit up some tacky Nebraska bars w. the locals & drank cheap pitchers of beers.

I then spent the day before class began reading the Sookie Stackhouse books - I thank Mrs. Jetplane & Pink Sass for enticing me to read them. They are constantly talking on Twitter about the series & I couldn't resist. I'm so glad I gave in!

Which leads me to my next thought - what is our deal nowadays w. vampires? Seriously though? Last night Con & I rented 'Daybreakers' which was about, what else, VAMPIRES (oh, & it sucked, literally & figuratively, WHOA!). There's True Blood, Twilight, The Vampire Diaries, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which I've been watching old episodes of on Netflix, ha!), Transylmania, The Vampire's Assistant, & so on. You get the idea. & BTW, I totally want to read the Bree Tanner book. I know, I know.
Conor says it's just a trend - that pirates were all the rage 4 years ago. Maybe he's right. Either way, we humans must have some major desire to feed on our kind's blood, or have someone feed on ours, because I can't think what else could possibly explain this major phenomenon. I think that if vampies honestly started populating the world, we'd all be panicked & horrified. BUT, it's a lot more fun to think that it'd be fabulously glamorous, sexy fun. I hope it's the latter if such an event ever actually occurs, ha!!

Happy week - it's hawt as heck here in NE, so I'm assuming it is everywhere else in the world as well!

14 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like SO much fun! Love your pics. I wish I was into vampires b/c they are certainly all the rage these days!

PinkSass said...

Love you started to read the books. Can't wait to hear what you think about them.

Vamps vamps everywhere!!!

elizabeth shay said...

I can't get into the whole vampire thing! Everyone is trying to get me to watch True Blood but I'm not sure I want to give in!

PS. Love Clinque ; )

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Being from near New Orleans, Sookie and her Fangy friends are my favorite. Love Trueblood!

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

There seriously are vampires everywhere! I don't even get it!

Tacky bars are always fun though :)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Great pictures!! I totally thought you were blogging about the band! Love their stuff! Ha!

Suburban Sweetheart said...

I so much wish I weren't such a sucker for the vampire craze. But I am. Ohhh, I am.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I've been wondering the same thing about the vampire craze. There was a (smaller) obsession with vampires in the 90's when the Ann Rice Vampire books were published and the Bram Stoker Dracula movie was made, but nothing like this craze. I do like a good vampire story though...

Looks like you had a fun ladies night!

little luxury list said...

Seriously, vamps are everywhere. Btw, I LOVE Buffy - kitschy and kick butt.

Thanks for your comments dear! Ooh so your sister has the chalkboard in frames - that is so cool and organized.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Cheap pitchers of brew and a GNO...now that's what I'm talkin' about!!

p.s. Our blog has moved! We would love for you to visit us at our new site: http://www.bonbonrosegirls.com/
Unfortunately, if you followed us with Google Friend Connect you'll have to re-follow but everything else is the same! Hugs, K

midnight macaroons said...

Sounds like you had a fun packed weekend. I use to wear a Clinique brand lipstick about 10 years ago. It was called something wine. It was discontinued. I loved that shade of lipstick. I agree, our society has gone Vamp crazy. However, I use to live in New Orleans and everyone is Vamp lovers down there (Anne Rice).

Barefoot in the Park said...

im driving the badger nuts with my vampire-ness at the moment. i read all the twilights last summer and this summer its sookie! when my friend let me borrow her boxed set he went nuts "more vampires?"

little does he know that true blood is on our netflix que! :)

noone said...

yeah that is true! a few years ago pirate halloween costumes were everywhere and now it's like vampire this vampire that. I'm with you on getting the twilight master card for the sake of having it and pulling it out to pay my beer tabs HAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

wonderful!